Thursday, July 01, 2004

Woes of the Recently UnInsured

So for grad school I have to have the traditional school physical done as well as a Measles/Mumps/Rubella vaccination. Up until May of this year, I had health insurance. So let me give you the heads up. Do you know how much a physical costs w/o insurance? First, lets recap on what a physical entails. Check the blood pressure, check the heart and breathing, check the reflexes, check the ears/nose/mouth, ask if there are any problems, sign a form. This five to ten minute procedure will run you a whopping $150. I'll leave it at that. No snide comments or bitter words, I think it speaks for itself.
Speaking of snide and bitter, there's a fair chance that those two words describe a lot of my posts lately, so I will try to put a little cheer into this post. I greatly enjoyed myself last night- rob and I went out for drinks with jen and ryan and had a great time talking and drinking a bit much (well, I did anyhow). I am excited about going to Blissfest next weekend. I mean really excited. I dont feel like I've been really excited about something in a while. I've been "excited but stressed" and "excited but to busy to think about it". I am just "excited really looking forward to this, think its going to be a fun vacation" excited. Its fourth of july weekend this weekend. Nothing at all planned.
Went to New York with my mom on Monday to look for apartments- we got a cute little studio apartment the size of a shoebox. I love it. Lots of windows, lots of light, bigger bathroom, bigger kitchen, HARDWOOD FLOORS, in a pretty good neighborhood, size of a shoebox. The only downside is that it's a co-op and they want all of this stuff with our application- last two years of tax returns and W-2's, 2 letters of rec for each person, a landlord letter, credit check, last two pay stubs, blood sample, CAT Scan, eye of newt, hair of a unicorn, our first born child. But I think it's worth it. Now, if one of my classes asks me to make a shoebox diarama of my house I can do it to scale.
Got to go to work.

No comments: