Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Shady, my friends, shady.
So I'm reading Newsweek last night waiting for a table to leave the restaurant- do you know where 50% of the funds for Nader's campaign is coming from? The Republican party. And now that I'm saying it, I'm thinking to myself, well of course, Republicans prop up Nader and try to take votes away from the Democrats, why didn't I think of that? I will tell you why I didn't think of that- because I am not evil and scheming. What the hell ever happened to two opponents giving their speeches and the best man wins? I for one, would not want to win something knowing that I didnt actually win, that I turned things around in my favor. Have you been approached by anyone asking you to sign a petition to put Nader on the ballot? According to Newsweek, these are also Republicans. Okay, giving money to another campaign to hurt your opponent, that's shady, but whatever. But actually posing as someone for Nader to get him on the ballot and tricking people interested in Nader into signing these petitions? YOU ARE FLAT OUT MISREPRESENTING YOURSELF!! I realize that a much stronger word is in order here, but all I can think of is RUDE!! Seriously, how can we put a party into office (or keep them there, rather) that has such underhanded tactics?!?! When you see something like that is it so hard to believe that weapons of mass destruction never existed? Grrr. I am becoming all political lately. The thing is, I'm not really political, I just REALLY REALLY don't like Bush.
Anyhow, onto other things- My apartment is in ruins. I started trying to pack things up, but really I'm just making one gigantic mess. The thing is, half of this stuff is going into a garage sale, but the garage sale is in Davison, so I can't do anything with it until I go home to Davison.
WHEN ARE WE GOING TO FIND OUT IF WE GOT THE APARTMENT OR NOT!??? I'll be packing up a box and feeling like I'm getting something done when all the sudden I'll think to myself "you know, we dont even for sure have an apartment to move all of this INTO right now.." and its like all of my work is useless...
And lastly but not leastly- Happy 22nd Birthday Jennifer D.!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A better question is why would people with millions of dollars spend millions of dollars to get a job that pays $400,000 a year.

Joseph said...

Because you make $400,000 a year from the tax payers, $20,000,000 from a private group like Haliburton who made a ton of money from the Iraq war, a few million from the Tobacco Industry and the NRA in exchange for listening to them over the american people, then you cut taxes on people who are really rich (which includes yourself) so that you can make even more money, then you start a war against a counrty that posed no threat so that the price of domestic oil will rise (which just happens to be where you got rich in the first place) and therefore make even more money, and then you jack the price of said oil to consumers up to $2.35 a gallon so that you can make even more money...

Either that or you want to lead the American people to prosperity.

As for the Nader thing, is it really a surprise? It was almost a given as soon as he decided to run again, even though no one will vote for him, and all he'll do is set the Green Party back a few generations.

These Republicans are evil.

Anonymous said...

Not to mention the fact that the Republican Party is trying to get Nader on the ballot in Michigan by using its people/resources to get petitions filled. It looks like it is going to work too-- barring the Democrats winning their appeal to the Federal Elections Committee to get the Republican gathered signatures disqualified. That's some shit.