Monday, July 26, 2004

Where my girls at...

Pardon the corny title, I couldn't help myself. I MISS MY GIRL FRIENDS!! Here is what has happened in the past few months to the girls that I used to hang out with- Sara, my lived together for three years ate lots of TCBY watched dumb TV laughed at retarded things and wasted lots of time together friend, has been at camp since May and is moving out to NYC in a week. Erin C., my tuesday night girls night drink Sangria and watch American Idol friend, is living in Knoxville briefly on her way out to South Carolina. Tanya, my drink champagne at Epic friend, moved to Washington. Kenna has, in the three months since I saw her at my wedding, gotten engaged, married and moved to Florida. Jenn, though she hasn't lived in the same town as me for five years now, has moved out to Long Island. Jess is hanging out in D.C. doing Law School. I love to hang out with Jen D., but with different schedules and all we dont see each other more than once or twice a week, and that's with the boys around. I miss hanging out with girls! I miss talking about nothing in particular! I miss c0mplaining about things. Guys - Don't take offense to that, you know that I love you, but every one needs same gender friends. I'm wondering if my recent lack of girl friends has something to do with my sudden infatuation with Sex and the City. I never had an interest in the show until the girls I work with started talking about it. Now I'm almost through the third season. I love it! I want to meet friends for lunch in Manhattan and talk about bad sex and careers and men dressed as sandwiches making sexually explicit remarks when you walk by! I'm that girl now. Do you think that Sex and the City was kind of tailored so that everyone woman could kind of identify with one of the characters? I mean, not to say that every woman fits in one of those four catergories, but I think every one can find something they identify with in one of them. I love Miranda. I thought that I would like Carrie at first, seeing as she is a writer and all, but Miranda has this smart ass sarcastic humor that I love. I hate Charlotte. Please, no one see themselves in Charlotte, okay?

1 comment:

Joseph said...

If I was a character from Sex and the City, I would be Sex.