Saturday, November 06, 2004

COME ON, PEOPLE!

So, I've decided that there is absolutely no 'community' in my writing program. The thing is, the people are really nice, I talk to them in class and when I see them around and once a month we have a reading where everyone comes and eats pizza and drinks wine and reads their work in progress. But that's it. No one gets together on the weekends or anything like that. Now, I know that some of it is because a lot of the people in the program are older. In my workshop of nine people, three of them are over 30. Me and this guy Joe are the youngest in the entire program. But, what the hell does everyone who isn't old with a family do all the time? I thought for a while that maybe people do get together, and I just didn't know it, but I've been talking to the other people and they're like "no, I never hang out with anyone". So this kid Joel decided to organize a get-together for everyone at this little bar downtown Bronxville. 10 people show up. COME ON PEOPLE!! TV ISNT THAT INTERESTING. And this is coming from someone who is often very anti-social.

No comments: