Saturday, November 27, 2004

Here I am, back where I started

Well. It's been a week. I've been on a few airplane rides. I've been to a wedding. I got a super cool reversible SpongeBob Squarepants watch from Burger King. I then, within hours of getting it, left it in the hotel room and now Jen is holding it hostage. I've been home to Davison. I've been to State (twice). I've eaten a lot. And now I am back here in my apartment, eating Au Gratin potatoes for dinner.
I'm sure there were some good stories to tell about all of that, but it's the kind of thing where you have to write about them when they're fresh in your mind or you forget.
Which I did. Forget them, that is.
My mom made some really good pumpkin bread for Thanksgiving. I wish I had some. Right now. If she wanted to.. I dont know, maybe, send me some?, I'd be okay with that... :)
You can check out the wedding pictures on the picture page. I'm not in any of them, because I was taking them. To see them, click on the "all" button on the left hand side of the picture page.
Today we went looking for a Christmas tree. We drove 30 min north of Yonkers to this farm where we picked apples in September and pumpkins in October. I'm upset with them. Do you know how much the absolute cheapest Christmas tree was?? $75!! GET REAL. I'm not talking six foot gorgeous trees. I'm talking four foot trees with three branches. And that was the other thing. There would be the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree and there would be this seven foot nicely filled out tree- and they were both $75. I'm writing these people a letter, oh yes, I am. But, we went to National Wholesale Liquidators (read: shadymart)on the way home and bought this pathetic fake tree, I love it, it was $15. And I put every last one of our ornaments on it, despite the fact that it is much smaller than the tree we had last year. Pictures to follow, shortly.
The funny thing about being back at home is that nothing I have to do went away while I was gone. What the hell? WHATS UP WITH YOU HOMEWORK?? ARE YOU STALKING ME OR SOMETHING?? JUST SITTING HERE WAITING FOR ME TO GET HOME?? Seriously, get a life.
And lastly- Jen, Ryan, Jon, Jackie, Paul and Joe- I made the reservation for New Years Eve- Just so you know!

2 comments:

academicecs said...

OH! I see! So the fake trees are good for the goose, but not for the gander. Seems I've had many a discussion about why I can't have an artificial tree, yet you walk down that path yourself. The word (phrase) of the day is DOUBLE STANDARD!!!!!!!

Joseph said...

Hey, I never got your story.