Thursday, January 06, 2005

Things I like and My Dad is Getting a Nose Job As We Speak

Okay, it's not really a nose job. He has sleep apnea (yeah, it's spelled wrong, SO WHAT, PUNK?)because the septum in his nose is crooked, so he's having surgery today. But it's a lot funnier when you say he's getting a nose job. And it'll irritate him, and that's more fun. I tried to call him to see how it went, but he didn't answer. Think that has anything to do with anesthesia? hmm...

I continue to love Netflix. Here are some other things I like. Kind of like Oprah's Favorite Things list, except none of these things are expensive, and I'm not giving any of them away. And there are only two of them, which doesn't really constitute a list.
1. Candles. But nothing heavy, I like fruity and outdoorsy scents. I just got one that smells like green grass. You go into Yankee Candle and they have all these candles that smell like cinnamon buns and sugar cookies- I wouldnt want my house to smell like cinnamon buns all the time because, a. it would make me hungry constantly and b. it simultaneously makes me feel full and sleepy.
2.This recipe for Greek Salad Pitas
1 cucumber
3 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
3 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
2 cups diced tomatoes
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
6 round pitas, cut in half
Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and salt. Add cucumber, tomato, romaine and feta. Mix together and put in pitas. Eat.
You can also add olives, if you like

1 comment:

academicecs said...

Seems that you're a little light on the facts. Yes, there was a crooked septum. But you forgot the blocked sinuses and the clipping of the uvula and skin on either side of uvula. How are you ever going to get into med school? Loser!