Thursday, May 12, 2005

Current Mood: A ridiculously good mood
Currently Playing: So I call up my preacher
I say: "Gimme strength for Round 5"
He said: "You don't need no strength, you need to grow up, son"
I said: "Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,
and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun"
"I Fight Authority, Authority Always Wins"- John Mellencamp

Two Things
1.
"Loving anyone is different from impaling anybody or getting something to own and have. It's like trying to hug your favorite painting, or talk to or waltz with the perfect time of day, the memory of the most beautiful tree you ever saw." - from "Issues I Dealt With in Therapy" by Matthew Klam.
Isn't that really pretty? The story is hilarious.

2. I love John Mellencamp.
So, for my photography project I had this 'Americana' thing going- like, I took pictures of really small town or wierd things and put them together. We were critiquing (sp?) one of them in class, it was a picture of this little pink house with all these lawn chairs set up on the front lawn next to one another and it reminded me of the "Little Pink Houses" song, not only because, obviously, the house was pink, but it just looked exactly like something that would be described in the song. So I say "You know what it reminds me of? That John Mellencamp song."
I am telling you, these people looked at me with the blankest stares I have ever seen. Not a single person in that class knew who John Mellencamp was. Not even my teacher, who is probably 45 or so. A) I felt like a gigantic idiot B) JOHN MELLENCAMP?? JOHN MELLENCAMP IS AWESOME! HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW WHO HE IS??? HE HAS A MILLION SONGS!! JACK AND DIANE??? ANYONE???
no.
So I let it go.
Then, my pictures were up yesterday for the visual arts show and my writing teacher was in the building and we were looking at them and he's like "You know what that reminds me of? That 'Little Pink Houses' Song. That's an awesome song."
GOOD GOD, THANK YOU. This is why I love this guy. Besides being the awesomest teacher of all time, he knows what's up.
So, I got out the John Mellencamp CD I just recently stole from my parents and listened to it why I was paying all my freaking bills this morning. This CD is awesome. You should love John Mellencamp too. Do it.

By the way, I'm done with school for the year:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A) John Mellencamp is awesome.
B) The "Issues..." quote was my favorite one out of the whole story. And that story is great.
C) I love that guy too. Love, love, love.
D) Wheel tomorrow night, I presume??