Sunday, May 08, 2005

Current Mood: Tired.. but not quite tired enough

Oh for the freaking love of all that is good...

I cannot sleep. I have been lying in bed for an hour and a half. All I want to do is sleep. I have to leave my house to get on a plane at 11 am, and I have many many things to do before then. Also, I've just noticed that I'm getting one of those zits on my chin that kind of grows under the surface and never quite shows itself, but you can feel it there and it really hurts.

So I have a lot to do when I get home tomorrow. Rob is picking me up and we're going straight to the photo/computer lab so that I can scan my negatives into Photoshop, make them look pretty and print them off to turn in for my final photography project. This could take quite some time, seeing as neither me nor the 'lab techs' (and I use the term loosely) seem to have much knowledge on the particulars of the enigma that is Photoshop. Awesome. I need to get it done and out of my way though. This is the last week of school and I need to do the following things- 1) my photo project 2) finish reading this book for Craft and this story I'm supposed to be presenting 3) read and critique workshop stories for the past two weeks. Not too bad. I start working full time for the summer the week after next.

So I've been thinking a lot about what kind of house I want to have. Not for any particular reason, mind you, because we wont be buying a house for quite some time, but these are the things that I think will be absolutely necessary when we do-

1) Lots of trees. And not those little wussy trees. I want the huge trees that hang over the street in the summer and touch the trees from the other side of the street and make the whole place shady.

2) A fireplace.

3) Windows. Windows EVERYWHERE. I mean, at least one or two on every wall so there aren't any dark corners in the house.

4) A nice backyard with a deck.

If I had to choose one of the four? WINDOWS.

No comments: