Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Wave and The Sixties

Update: Today, I saw my fox friend fishing for the first time. I'm glad he's branching out and trying new things. Although, he continues to eat all of his meals alone, despite the hungry tortise who lives across the pond from him, whom, I believe, would make an excellent dinner companion.

I am here today to talk about the wave. Not that retarded thing you do at sporting events. The Wave, as in, someone slows down and stops or holds back traffic in order to let you go.
Listen up. You always, ALWAYS, under ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, give someone the wave when they have performed such a monumental act of traffic kindness on your behalf. You don't just go, you ass. When you do that, when you go without so much as a wave, it makes me want to take it back. I sit and my car and yell at you (though you can't hear me) "NO PROBLEM, BUDDY, DON'T MENTION IT!" And then, next time, when I see someone waiting to go, I remember your non-wave, and I don't stop.
You, non-wavers, are single-handedly making the world a nastier place. Also, you are somehow causing global warming, though I can't pinpoint exactly how.

Disclaimer:
Of course, the exception to this is in NY, where I feel lucky if I don't get honked at before the light turns green. You carry on with your non-wave NY, I think a wave would ruin your image.
BUT EVERYONE ELSE WAVES, GOT IT?

I'd also like to talk about the music of the 60's. I feel cheated, frankly. Sixties music is awesome and actually good. And what did I get? I got "I Wanna Dance With Somebody". Not good enough.
But I do feel fortunate that I'm not growing up now, because today's music is mostly whiny and crap-o, with a few exceptions. Good god, listen to how old I'm getting. Turned down that damned music, you kids! I'm two seconds away from chasing someone with a broom.
I made the sweetest 60's Mix cd on ITunes.

And lastly, a story about a lady at work. Seriously, she's the nicest lady in the entire world. But, for some reason, she insists on trying to talk to the kids in their 'lingo', if you will. For instance:
Kid: I can't fill this out right now, I'm gonna miss my bus.
Her: Oh, don't worry, just sit down and fill it out and I'll take you ho.. I mean, I'll take you to the crib.
I laugh hysterically when this happens. She's got to be sixty. Again, I love her, but it's got to stop.

No comments: