Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Current Mood:  weepy, cause I just watched Stepmom.
Currently Playing:  Dont Cry For Me, Argentina.

What is with that Stepmom movie? I dont even CRY at movies, but that stupid movie makes me sob all over myself. Damn you, TBS.

An Open Letter to the month of March


Dear March,
May I call you March? First off, who are you kidding with this? I went out at 7 pm tonight and there was an inch of snow on the ground and hail blowing so hard in my face I think it made indentations. Let's review your 'month slogan'- March! In like a lion, out like a lamb! Right... it's more than halfway through the month, which means we're on the way 'out' right? Maybe you misunderstood, when they said 'out like a lamb' they didn't mean 'like a lamb' as in 'fleece as white as snow', they meant 'lamb- calm, gentle, LUKEWARM'. Listen, you're not doing yourself any favors, you're already a stupid month. You're like Gary, Indiana, the only reason anyone goes through you is to get somewhere better, i.e. Chicago, i.e. APRIL. We could get rid of you at any time, February could use a few more days, and I wouldn't mind a few more April showers. Really, what do you have anyways? St. Patrick's Day? You think that's some kind of bargaining chip? Because we could easily reschedule that for April. You've got nothing, March. You've got the ides of March, the day Julius Ceasar was killed, and to tell you the truth, I hated that play. So here's the deal, shape up or we're going to an eleven month calendar. I'm not kidding with this, I'm sick and tired of your debauchery.
Sincerely,
Laura

1 comment:

jon jon said...

Ok, so... we can't get rid of march, despite your dislike for it, every year I get so so happy at the idea of being able to go out in public and rant on about being wary of the ides of march... so, seriously, back off on march, or you're going to have to deal with me.