Thursday, March 31, 2005

Current Mood:  sunshine-deprived
Currently Playing:  "Jackhammer" courtesy of my local construction company

Some Things It Would Be Really Nice to Have Right Now:
1. Sunshine
2. A window over the computer desk, so I wouldn't have to sit and type in a dark corner
3. Motivation
4. Some flip flops. None of those flimsy things, I'm talking the big chunky flip flops Old Navy used to make that were two inches of foam stuff with a little strap on top. Is that too much to freaking ask? Apparently.
5. Vernors. What kind of state carries on daily existance without Vernors? Oh, 49 of them, I guess...
6. A clean apartment.. without me doing anything...

Hey mom, I'm making that Earthquake Cake for this get together I'm going to on friday... your recipe said 'frozen unsweetend coconut'. I bought 'unfrozen sweetened coconut' How much do you think that's going to affect things?

Now I'm going to write a poem for Yonkers.

Ode to Yonkers
Yonkers Yonkers Yonkers
If I had built you out of Lego's
I'd take you apart and start over again.
Yonkers Yonkers Yonkers
If you were a cake I baked
I'd give you to the dog.
Yonkers Yonkers Yonkers
If I were dating you
I'd make up a lot of excuses so I didn't have to introduce you to my parents
Yonkers Yonkers Yonkers
Why don't you clean yourself up
You look like crap
Yonkers Yonkers Yonkers
I wouldn't even let you take a shower at my place
I'd just hose you down in the yard
Yonkers Yonkers Yonkers
You're the scuzzy kid in the neighborhood
That none of the parents want their kids to play with
Yonkers Yonkers Yonkers
What the heck kind of name is Yonkers anyways?

I can be hired to do a reading of that at any time, get ahold of me if you're interested.

No comments: