Friday, March 18, 2005

Link Mania!

Current Mood:  quacktastic
Currently Playing:  Oh, Danny Boy. (not you, danny)

Yesterday was my Irish birthday and not a single person said happy birthday except for Sara. No, that's cool, if you want to forget someone's heritage, that's alright with me. My Irish eyes aren't smiling, FYI.
Today I went with my mom to Frankenmuth, because she's taking her German classes there on a field trip and she wanted to check it out. What's with Frankenmuth? Did you know that it's the #1 tourist attraction in Michigan? More popular than Mackinac Island? That makes me sad. It's just a city where they made all the buildings look German and they make a lot of chicken. It's not even like, oh this is an old historic city, do you know when they actually built all the german-alpine-looking buildings? 1957!! They were built as a tourist attraction. (As you can see, we went to the historical society) *sigh* No offense, Frankenmuthers, it's not like I think your city sucks or anything, it's just that I'm not sure that it deserves to be the #1 tourist attraction. It's not even on the water, and that's what Michigan's supposed to be all about, Great Lakes and all. These would be my suggestions for better tourist attractions- Traverse City where there's lots of beaches and water-related fun, Petoskey where there's lots of cute little downtown shops and lots of skiing if you're not a klutz like me, or Flint where... ha! just kidding!(go to that site though- where did they get those pictures? false advertising.) I would also tenatively suggest The Mystery Spot, but I've never been there, so I cannot attest to its coolness.
Tomorrow I'm chopping off all my hair again.
So here's my story, I'm at LaGuardia yesterday, waiting for my plane and I'm sitting in the food court at a table, reading, minding my own business, when I hear this guy say "Hey, Let's sit here." He then proceeds to sit down with me at the table, he and his three kids. So the whole table is now completely full, and I look up and I'm like, umm.. hey guys what's up? Do you have any idea how awkward that was? Not that I didn't want to have brunch with Frank and the kids or anything, but it pissed me off, so I got up, grabbed my stuff and walked ten steps to another COMPLETELY EMPTY table and sat down. WHO DOES THAT???

3 comments:

Lola said...

Because the other day I was talking to Sara on the phone and she's like "I don't want to teach kids anymore. I think I want to be a dolphin instead. All they do is jump out of the water and breathe through their head."

Anonymous said...

too bad you aren't actually irish. red hair irish does not make.

Lola said...

It's a state of mind. :)