Thursday, October 20, 2005

Dancin', Dancin', DANCIN'!!!

I worked again tonight, keeping an eye on the Art Space again (much more normal this time). I'm sitting in the hall outside though, because there's no where else to sit and this kid that works there comes out. He's really nice, but.. kind of odd. He was the brains behind the umbilical party. And his name is Levon, which is apparently "La-VON", and not "Leven", like I think it should be. He may have made it up. But that's not the point.
He starts talking to me, and it's the most normal conversation I've ever had with him, he's asking me about my grad program and where I'm from, and he starts talking about once when he was in Detroit, etc., etc. Pleasant and all, right? Except the entire time he's talking to me, he can't stop moving. Not shifting one foot to the other. He's dancing. Doing little twirls and jumps and jazz hands. This is not a lie. At one point in time, mid sentence, he does a cartwheel, his legs hit the wall and he falls.
But,he's not kidding, he's dead serious, and so I have to keep a straight face the whole time and talk about the Renissance Center in Detroit while he's busting into some serious moves.
At the start, he was doing these wierd hand things, and I actually thought he was doing sign language. I'm thinking, "Oh, he's an interpreter or something". But then he does the half splits and I know what I'm dealing with here.
Please ask me to demonstrate, I can't do justice to the wierdness of this situation in a blog.

4 comments:

Lola said...

Oh, I'm pretty sure it's too late. Also, this kid has this jacket. It's a hair jacket. It looks like he took one of those My Size Barbies and cut all of her hair off and then sewed it along the top seam of the back of a jean jacket. It just kind of hangs there and flops around when he walks. Maybe that's something he got from Electric Boogaloo...

Anonymous said...

He probably has Tourette's you heartless wench. And call me back. Love you!

Lola said...

Sar... dancing tourettes? I didn't know you called. That's probably because I never turn my phone on...:

Lola said...

That was supposed to be a smile at the end, but I cut his mouth off..
:)