Friday, October 07, 2005

Karma, My Friend, Is Going to Come Back Around...

Today I'm reading the Daily Email that SLC sends out every morning and there's an ad in there for an Irish musician it says "Looking for the Irish musician who was playing at the Spinning Wheel a few weeks back. I'd like you to come play at a party. Call Phil Whathisname at 555-555-6789."
I'm like Phil Whathisname, Phil Whathisname, why does that name sound familiar? Oh yeah, that's my landlord. Oh yeah, that's my landlord who I called a WEEK ago to tell that our stove is broken and our energy bill is all out of wack and who hasn't called me back yet, despite the reminder note I sent him three days ago through the mail.
Cool, Phil. Nice to know you have time to plan parties but not to call me back. Have your little party. Laugh it up with your friends while I'm cooking dinner in the microwave. Ass.

4 comments:

academicecs said...

I'm becoming concerned with your last couple of articles. There seems to be a large amount of pent up anger along with creepy animals befriending your avatar. Are we having a rough week, or just in need of some counseling?

Lola said...

You don't like my scorpion? Well I'm being simultaneously screwed over by my landlord and my bank. You can only get screwed over so many times before you start calling in the scorpions.

Lola said...

Also, I like how you call my posts 'articles', like I'm talking about actual legitimate things, and not about how my older sister and I are actually twins.

Andrew said...

So...for about 30 seconds there, I was reading this blod going, "Wow, Phil Whathisname--that's a crazy last name for someone to have, it's like one of those made up last names that people say when they can't remember someone's name, that's really funny I wonder what culture that comes from"---and then I realized that I'm stupider than anyone could have guessed...so I'm writing this on my last day of college, I'm dropping out and moving to Whatsthatcity to start my life as the village idiot.

Farewell,
Andrew