Monday, December 04, 2006

Blasphemy

I am making myself the ultimate Christmas mix album CD. I am doing this because it will bring a little joy to my work life. I am also decorating the plastic tree in our office with lights and ornaments. You do what you have to.
Upon searching for songs for my superfabchristmasmix, I ask you, who re-does ('covers', whatever) the John Lennon "Happy Christmas/War Is Over" song?
The answer: Lots of people.
To you people, I say. Just Say No.
Don't do it.
Seriously.
I like analogies.
Do architects ever say "That Eiffle Tower is so cool. I think I'll build another one just like it.
No. Or if they do, they're retarded.
If you have counter-arguments about this, I'm not interested.
Let it be people, it was about as good as it gets the first time around.

Also, do you know what classic Christmas song ITunes does not have?
A little ditty I like to call "Funky, Funky Christmas" by NKOTB.
I think, though, that if I searched long and hard in my basement, I could find my old tape of it. I imagine it's in with my NKOTB pajamas and posters and giant pins and VHS tapes and key chains.
Or it's in my closet as we speak.
Whatever.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Haha Dan may have done a load of laundry and decided his phone needed to be zestfully clean.