Monday, December 11, 2006

Charmer

You know, with the nothing books and all, I saved pretty much everything from high school. One thing that I'm really sad that I somehow did not save was a note that I got from a guy friend my freshman year asking me out.
This was the greatest note of all time.
Apparently, at the young age of 15, this guy had somehow come to the conclusion that his options were sparse and he had better go ahead and settle down before every last female on earth was taken. I say this because he sent me this note:

Dear Laura:
blahblahblahblahblah
I wanted to know if you would go out with me. I know you're not the prettiest girl in school, but you're true blue.

I laugh every time I think about this note
Good old Jim, taking one for the team and asking the ugly girl out.
I will bear him many sons and do what needs to be done for the children. Plus, my dowry is two goats and a cow (lots, because I am so ugly)
I would pay actual money to still possess that note.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Laura - I never knew Jim felt that way about you. At first I was thinking it was Erik Colegrove - but apparently I was the only girl lucky enough to be asked to prom by him! Probably only because I was his last choice...and he's probably out making billions now.