Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Resolution

I wear this shirt in honor of Sierra who never gets to explore her Jewish roots. Seriously though, Sierra gets mad at Erin every year because her friends get to celebrate Hannukah and she doesn't.
"Well, why can't we just be Jewish?"
A fair question, Sierra, a fair question.
Where's your answer to THAT, Erin?

I just came up with a New Year's Resolution. I'm going to travel more this year. Here is my list of places I would like to go (half of which will never happen, seeing as I am poor and penniless. But that's what resolutions are for...)

Laura's Travel Plans 2007

February- New York for a weekend
April- St. Louis to see Lily for a few days over spring break. If she can't get time off, I'll just work with her at the zoo, herding llamas or something. Last time I visited Lily I got to touch a rhino's tongue. Top that.
July- Up to Blissfest, but I was thinking of maybe applying to go to the Tin House Seminar in Oregon. This will interfere with Blissfest though. Boo for that. Change your dates, Tin House.
Some other month during the year- Rob has promised to take me to Napa Valley even though he thinks it will be boring.
Another, nother month- Erin and I are taking a trip somewhere. I haven't told her yet. Hey, Erin. We're taking a trip somewhere together next year. Be there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sierra reminded me today that Hannukah starts Friday. She's really pumped. Why? Not sure...we're still not Jewish. You'd think that when I told her that Jewish people don't celebrate Xmas she'd change her mind..but you'd be wrong. She doesn't care.


A trip sounds fun. Don't pick anywhere lame, or anywhere 3rd world. I plan on returning from our trip.

Erin

Lola said...

(1) If you loved Sierra, you'd take her to temple.

(2) The mere suggestion that I would pick a lame trip destination is lame.

Margaret Lee said...

Come come to NY and help me with my thesis!