Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Who's the Weird One, Me or Estelle?

Just before we left for Christmas, Rob and I looked around our apartment and said to ourselves, "Why is there almost nothing on the walls?", followed by, "Why is this place the biggest disaster on Earth, all the time?"
So, we decided to get decorating and organizing.
First, we went to Ikea yesterday, where we purchased a filing cabinet thing for under our desk so all our crap will now be off the floor, a small chest to hide all of Rob's music crap in, as well as a few small knick knacky things.
Then today I went out and bought stuff to put on the walls. I happen to think it's the coolest stuff ever. I bought a photo mobile, magnetic photo strings, some small stuff to frame and the 2007 Kalamazoo Calendar, and I'm going to frame all of the pictures from it because they are awesome.
I'm a little afraid for when Rob comes home and sees what I bought, though.
Rob and I have very different decorating styles (Perhaps you remember The Birds)
The specific difference is, mine is cool, his is not.
Yesterday at Ikea, Rob comes up to me with a bag of potpourri and small blue woven basket and says "What do you think about this for the bathroom?"
I say to Rob, "Rob. Is there an old lady named Estelle hiding inside of you?"
Rob nods.
I am not a potpourri type of girl.
He also tried to pick out an old man painting for our wall.
We are at an impass. No birds for me, no old men and potpourri for him.
I tend to think I'm the one with the good sense, but then I think about something Erin said to me once, specifically, "Laura. Are you ever going to stop decorating like you're living in a dorm room?"
Got to love my family! So honest!
We will see what happens when Estelle gets home.

No comments: