Thursday, September 15, 2005

Cut the Cord!

Oh, SLC. Sometimes, it's as if you exist just so I'll have things to blog about. Yesterday, I'm talking to my boss and she's like "there's an art space party on the 25th that either you or the other GA needs to monitor". So, I volunteer, because Art Space is really easy and low key and if I do this, then the other GA has to do the next thing, which will most likely be a big party (bwahahaha!). So my boss is like, "ok". And then she starts laughing. I'm like "what?" and she says "oh, no, you already said you'd do it, you can't back out now."
They're having an "Umbilical Cord Party".
What the hell is an umbilical cord party.
Oh, let me TELL you.
They're going to make umbilical cords out of paint and goo and god knows what else, and then they're going to attach them to their stomachs and walk around like that.
Could someone explain to me why you would do that?
No, really.
I can't come up with a single reason.
THEY'RE MAKING ARTS AND CRAFTS UMBILICAL CORDS.
just in case you missed it.
Wouldn't you have loved to sit in on the art managers brainstorming meeting for that? You have got to have some serious guts to say out loud to a group of people "I know! Art umbilical cords!" and seriously think that people are going to back you up on that.
This is totally going to sick me out.

4 comments:

jon jon said...

Hey, all I'm saying is take some pictures... because I can't even begin to imagine a scene of however many liberal co-eds walking around with umbilical cords. Pictures... don't forget the pictures.

Joseph said...

Do you ever get the feeling that art students do stuff just to freak out the "stiffs?"

szenga said...

OMG! We'll have to powow about this later!

Anonymous said...

The school slogan should be:
DON'T ASK.

Now check this out for a hearty guffaw:


http://www.nerve.com/regulars/badsex/001/