Thursday, September 01, 2005

Dear Campus Cafeteria-
Okay, listen, about the pizza. Enough already. There are other things in the world to serve besides pizza. Zillions of things. How about a little pasta salad? Pasta salad is good! Or maybe a decent looking salad (what's that? No, no, I said decent looking)? Do you know what I had today instead of the pizza? A cheese sandwich. I thought it was turkey with cheese, but then I opened it up and it turns out it's just like, 10 slices of cheese on bread. And then I though to myself, "Hmm.. cheese on bread, what does this remind me of? Oh, yeah, PIZZA. Whatever. I challenge you to make something that doesn't contain cheese or bread.
Thanks,
Laura

P.S. Hey! you know when you take the pizza and you put it on a bagel instead of regular crust?? Yeah, that's still pizza.

2 comments:

academicecs said...

I understand your frustration. However, you have to understand what you are dealing with. Having been the victim of school lunches for 30+ years, I came to recognize that the people responsible for my cuisine choices were those without proper education and yes, most without HS diplomas. So therefore, being an educator, I finally realized that they needed guidance. So, what you may want to do is share with them, your cooking (or you might say) food preparation experience and this may help. For example, you might want to take them your personal recipe book and guide them through some of the things that you have become proficient at cooking and become a mentor to them. That way you can control the amount of cheese and bread used in the future.

academicecs said...

Maybe your could teach them how to make a nice spaghetti!!!!