Thursday, September 29, 2005

Time: 7:51 in the a.m.
State of wakefullness: glasses off and contacts in, but still in p.j.'s
Number of times I've changed avatar's clothes since waking up: 4
Number of times I've had Cream of Wheat this week, including today: 5


Today is the day of blessed matrimony of Erin and Scurvis Leipold, and on this very special day, I have written for you an original piece of poetry. Inspired almost entirely by my avatar's outfit.

Baseball Love Poem in Honor of Your Anniversary
Oh, love
Your love is like a line drive to first base
When all the other guys were just
Out in left field
It's okay if you're just a short
stop
you know I love you.
Before you came along I was just running
the bases
(it's true, I had a lot of
homeruns)
But they meant nothing till you
bundted into my life, stole first base and my
heart.
Sent me a curveball of love.
Now you can't keep your mitt off of me.
Oh, and
It's just the beginning of the inning
baby
we got a lot of strikes to go
till we're
out.

Snaps, yo, snaps

4 comments:

Lola said...

Ha! What do you mean, you don't like my poem? Avatar is dressed up for your day of love, Erin. Love love love love love. Did you like the part where I said you had a lot of 'homeruns'? hmm...

academicecs said...

I'm kind of wondering about the homerun analogy myself. By the way, your mom and I love baseball! We go for the Grand Slams!

Lola said...

Let's talk about how that was so unenecessary.

academicecs said...

I think that it's time for you all to get your minds out of the gutter. Just because your mother and I are baseball fans, doesn't mean that there is some deeper sleasy meaning to what we like. I hope that you've learned a lesson. Oh, by the way, we like doubleheaders also.