Monday, September 20, 2004

From the Does This Ever Happen To You? files

So three times yesterday, I'm all cruising along in my car, listening to the radio ("Connecticut's soft contemporary 99.9... soft, but still contemporary") And I'm all loving the song which is soft, but by no means contemporary, and then I pull up to a stop light. And I get all embarrassed, because it's one thing to listen to Can You Feel the Love Tonight by yourself, but quite another when someone is next to you and could potentially look over and say "what the hell are you listening to?" So then I have to roll up my windows, because Im too self conscious to enjoy my song at this point, but not enough that I'm willing to turn the station. So then we get going and i put the windows down (cause its hot) and then I pull up to another light five minutes later and up they go again. Sounds wussy, but if you are willing to listen to Im Forever Yours (Faithfully...) in traffic, you are a braver person than me. I will say however, that I kept them down for Straight Up Now Tell Me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do that all the time when I'm listening to old music. I don't roll my windows up all the way though..
Seriously..I saw the "straight up now tell me" video the other day..and I was jammin'.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't care less what other people think of me and the things I like. Why should I care what they think? Fuck 'em.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't care less what other people think of me and the things I like. Why should I care what they think? Fuck 'em.