Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Did anyone see the opening of the Grammys? It was truly, truly horrible. So they've got four bands performing little bits of their song, one right after another- it was Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani (have I mentioned on here how much I can't freaking stand her? Seriously, she invokes rage in me), Black Eyed Peas, and Los Lonely Boys. Fine. But then, at the end, they decide that they should have all five bands sing their songs at the exact same time in some sort of 'medley'. Did it occur to anyone that all of these songs have different rhythms? Because it sounded like total chaos.
That's all.
I have way too much to do today to be writing this right now.

1 comment:

Joseph said...

You do not talk about Gwen that way.

And yes, unfortunately I felt it was some sort of obligation for me to watch the grammy's, until about 20 minutes in when I realized the show sucked, and I didn't have to. A few people I know got to go to some of the parties though, that's kind of cool. But as I watched the Grammy's I realized, either I'm getting old, or music today just sucks.

My favorite part was the "Tribute to Southern Rock" featuring songs like "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Freebird" followed quite closely by Green Day's "American Idiot." Nice.