Monday, February 28, 2005

Today is the Blessed Day of Danny's Birth

Is it EVER going to warm up? I'm looking at the 10 day forecast (sp?) right now and in 10 days, on March 9th, it's still not going to even be 40 degrees. I CANT TAKE WINTER MUCH LONGER.
Today is Danny's birthday, he's two whole decades old. Happy birthday Danny! You know, if you had been born on a leap day that would have been cooler. Couldn't you have waited just one more day?? Actually, I just did the math in my head. You weren't born in a leap year. But if you could have come a year earlier, that would have been cool too. Remember how you had that birthday party where everything was Ninja Turtles theme and J.P. and Amanda came over and we did that relay race where you have to run to the other side of the room and put a bunch of clothes on and then run back? Remember how, years later, J.P. and Amanda both turned out to be psychos? Just wondering. Have you seen the pictures from that birthday party lately? You should check them out, I've got a hell of a side-ponytail going on...
Here's my work story-
So friday night I work at this event for 'Project Rhythm' which apparently is SLC's 'hip hop club'. They do MC battles like on 8 Mile. Now at first I'm like are you kidding me? But they were actually pretty good. So they're all warming up, and this girl from the audience comes up and wants to try it. This girl looked like me in my most awkward middle school moment. And what does she say as soon as she gets the microphone? "My name is ___ and I'm here to say" EEK. It was so embarrassing I had to close my eyes and pretend it wasn't happening. But that wasn't even the bad part. A little bit later before the actual thing started, the head guy is like "alright, who's from the east coast?" and a bunch of people scream, and then "Who's from the west coast?" and a bunch of people scream and then he's like "Who's from the midwest?" Who stands up and yells? Just that girl. No one else in the entire place. Seriously, I think the last thing we need in the Midwest is Rap Girl as our spokesperson.
Now I have to do some actual work. There's supposed to be a big snowstorm tonight. Maybe school will get cancelled and I wont have to go to photography tomorrow....

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Dear Laura,

How DARE you make fun of Hilary Swank. Now I would agree that on occasion she doesn't look SUPER attractive, but I wouldn't go as far as to say she is a MAN. I've taken the liberty of finding an attractive picture of her for you to see, go here http://www.supermodelki.pl/supermodelki/show_models.php?&id=210. And I've also taken the liberty of finding you a picture of Clint "E.T." Eastwood, the scariest alien alive. go here http://kino.tiscali.cz/apollo/pictures/20031128104514699627.jpg. ENJOY!