Thursday, February 03, 2005

Two thoughts, both of them bitter

1. This is one of the headlines on the front of Cosmopolitan that I saw in line at the grocery store.
"Read on to find out what your boy's butt says about his personality."
It was an article that claimed that someones BUTT dictated their PERSONALITY. Are you kidding? Who gets paid to write this stuff?
2. Rob is insisting on watching the end of The Day After Tomorrow, which I could no longer stand watching. Okay. The premise of this movie, the storm, ice age, blah blah. But then the dad who's in D.C. decides to try to get to his son in Manhattan. They get as far as Philadelphia before the car breaks down. And then they get out and start walking. You're going to walk from Philadelphia to Manhattan? Right, let me know how that goes. Further complicating the plot is the fact that it's supposed to get so cold outside that anyone out there will freeze instantly. So he decides to go outside, naturally. Further FURTHER complicating the plot is the question, what exactly is he going to do for his son once he gets to Manhattan thats going to help out in any way, shape or form? Nothing. I banish you, movie. I banish you to the lowest level of bad movie hell.

1 comment:

academicecs said...

Butts do have a lot of personality. There are rather large, round ones that say "I'm stylin'". Some are narrow flat ones that say "I never really developed fully. I need remediation.". And then there are some that exceed the space they were designed for that say "Pass the cheesecake.". I happen to have a rather nice butt. It says "I need a new tatoo.".