Friday, May 18, 2007

Supplies and Demands

Today I looked Dragon Lady straight in the face and laughed. It was mean. And well deserved.
I had to order some damn binder clips and staplers. Even saying that makes me depressed. I don't want to be the type of person who looks through a catalog and fills out a requisition for staplers. But, alas, here I am. Anyways, I had loaned out my supply order book to a parapro whom I couldn't get ahold of. The only other person with a supply catalog is Dragon Lady. So I go to her office and say "Can I borrow your supply book for a second? I loaned mine out."
She looks me dead in the eye and says "My supply catalog doesn't leave my office."
I couldn't help it.
I laughed out loud, there and then.
I'm glad I'm not the type of person who has a personal philosophy about my supply catalog. I wish I didn't even have a supply catalog.

I cannot WAIT to go camping next weekend. I'm running my second 1/2 Marathon on Saturday morning and then Rob is coming up and meeting me and we're going to Traverse City State Park for the weekend. I am going swimming, I am making s'mores, and I am kicking Rob's ass at Scrabble. This will be Penny's first camping trip. All signs point to her being a total camping dog.

No comments: