Sunday, May 20, 2007

Want to know what pisses me off? Of course you do, that's why you're here, right? I want a house. I am sick of living in a tiny little apartment and paying rent that goes nowhere.
There are all these beee-Yoo-tiful historic houses downtown that are totally in my price range. Too bad the only reason that they're in my price range is that they are one or all of the following:
(1) Former student rental houses that have been treated like crap and rundown
(2) Not a rental but in a student neighborhood
(3) In a drug neighborhood.

Cool guys, thanks for that. Why do they do that? Why don't they take the shite-y little ranch houses and turn them into student housing and leave the historical houses alone. On the other hand, it's kind of a moot (?) point, because if they hadn't been run down, they would be WAY out of my price range and I wouldn't even be having this conversation. Still though, I'd rather have them still be nice and out of my price range than in it and crap-o.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

while waiting for a shot at a keg at a random party 4 years ago, I remember thinking that those 4 story houses would be so gorgeous if they were ever restored.....

you could always lobby for an ordinance against students in historical neighborhoods!?