Monday, May 21, 2007

Once Again, We Here At Lolalou.com Ask, "What Is the World Coming To?"

This is what's keeping me up at night lately:
"Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne.
Okay, so it's catchy.
I cannot reconcile the fact that someone wrote a lyric like "She's like so whatever" and is making millions of dollars off of it. MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
And it's not just a lyric, it's the freaking reprise.
I don't even get that lyric. Where do the commas go?
Is it, "She's like, 'So, whatever'", like the 'girlfriend' is saying it?
Or is it, "She's like so whatever", like 'whatever' is a put down?

Listen, I'm not trying to act like I'm Shakespeare here, but I feel like I write things a bit shinier, a bit more insightful than that and I am not getting paid anything.
Maybe it's cause I'm not the m.f.ing princess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am totally the mother.f.ing princess. Now that song is going to be in my head allll day long. Thanks Lola, thanks.