Saturday, August 05, 2006

Don't Feed the Animals

Last week Rob and I got a gym membership back at the gym we went to before we moved, which I really like. Except, the gym has gone "BodyPump" crazy.
First, I'd like to this opportunity to say the word "pump" more, because Sara hates it so much.
Pump up the jam! Pump it up! While your feet are thump-in'!
And the jam is pump-in'!
Look ahead the crowd is jump-in'!

Anyhow.
So I go to BodyPump this morning, which is basically just a class where you do weight training for an hour. All is going well until we get to biceps.
Do you know what the instructor refers to working your biceps as?
Feeding the pythons.
As in, "Come on, girls, it's time to feed the pythons."
When she said it, I threw up in my mouth a little.
Okay, not really.
But I definately did not keep a straight face.
It takes a lot to say something like that and take yourself seriously. And so I applaud you, BodyPump girl. You feed those pythons.
Later on, Rob and I were helping Sara move and I went to pick something up and it was too heavy so I told Rob to move it.
Rob says "Oh, looks like the pythons must still be hungry."
To which I say "HEY! I MAKE THE SARCASTIC COMMENTS AROUND HERE, BUDDY!"

No comments: