Thursday, August 17, 2006

Fall, fall, fall! Fall is almost here!

Things about fall that rock my world-
1. leaves
2. nice smelling fall smell
3. sweatshirts
4. football games (not so much going to them but.. you know)
5. pumpkins
6. going to John's cider mill

Things that are currently rocking my world-
1. my porch
2. being in Kzoo, playing Scattergories and drinking too much wine (no names mentioned)
3. The dog Rob and I are about to get. It's a chihuahua. But not a little skinny-freaky chihuahua. A pudgy chihuahua. And what have we named him? We have named him Frankenstein. Our dog is named Frankenstein.
4. Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger
5. The White Stripes
6. The Spinach-Feta Burger

Things that are currently not rocking my world
1. Being a bartender (although, to my credit, I'm a mean mojito-making mamajama)
2. Beaners MochaChill. Starbucks Frappucino. Anything that isn't a Brainfreeze.

When I was growing up, I had this friend Brian, and sometimes his mom would misspell his name in cards and things, so it said "Love, Brain"

4 comments:

Sara said...

I second Erin's comments about getting ahold of you in a timely manner. Also, you're not black, so you need to fix your afro puffs. Get for freaking real.

Lola said...

Jealous, much? I'm crazy sexy cool.

Anonymous said...

Laura, you did NOT just say that your friend's Mom used to mispell his name "Brain". I just did that this past week with a report to a client. I called him Brain all through the report. A report that he paid $1,850.00. I was mortified when I discovered this after I delivered the report and picked up his "paid in full" check.

I also want to add that you ARE crazy sexy cool and I have always been jealous of you!

Love ya to pieces!!!! Aunt Dawn

slb said...

i have family in oshtemo. they refer to it as kalamazoo, but it's like... a suburb outside the city, right? i used to spend summers there. i kind of miss michigan now that i'm a grown-up (or something like it?).

i'm glad you're enjoying your return home.