Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Finally, Laura Weighs In On All The Important Issues of Today

1. Justin Timberlake's New Song
Justin. You are not bringing sexy back. That song is terrible. And I even have a little soft spot for Justin. What it kind of reminds me of is when we used to listen to tapes and then they'd get caught and stretched out in the tape player.
Laura Gives It A : Not so much, try again.

2. Noodles and Company
Yum! Totally good and totally cheap. I myself had the Indonesian Peanut Saute. A little more fiery than I expected but, again, really good.
Laura Gives It A: You're the Bomb Diggity.

3. Walgreen's and Others:
I'm writing to my state representative, once I find out who that is, and I'm asking them to write a new law. This law will state: You can not build two locations of the exact same store within 5 miles of each other. They've been working on this new site where they tore down a house and I was interested to see what it would be. Walgreen's. There's a bleeping Walgreens 2 miles down the road. STOP IT.
Laura Gives It A: You're fired. And I hate you.

4. This Lady Who Works In My Office (But not crazy secretary)
Today at 12:15pm this lady comes down and says "Laura, would you be interested in going to this training session this afternoon to learn about the new immunization laws?"
First of all, it seems to me that if I actually had to sit through that training session, I would poke my eyeballs out with the needles out of sheer mind-torturing bordem.
Second of all, the training started at 1. It was 12:15. And it went a half hour later than I get out of work. So I tell her that I can't because I have appointments right after I get out at three. And she seems all put out.
Two Things, Hanna Montana-
1. Here's an idea. Tell me about it slightly earlier than 45 minutes before it starts.
2. Get real.
Laura Gives It A: I'd Rather Get 20 Tetanus Shots. In my ear.

5. Getting the Newspaper Delivered
I like getting the newspaper. It's very.. informative.
Laura Gives It A: Keep it coming.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I, too, am a fan of that song. It is interesting, though, that before I just read your blog, I posted a clever and witty review of THIS EXACT SONG on my blog. It is uncanny really. Also, on your previous post, I think you should have put GIIIIIIIRL insteat of GIRLLLLLL because it looks too much like you are a Math Grill and I don't know what that is. Finally, your Avatar hair is scary- it reminds me of Elvira. And finally finally, the new pigtails? Yeah- I definately requested those. Also, a high ponytail which I hope they're still working on because that low one they have just looks like a WT rattail. That's all.

Sara said...

Oh yeah- How did you get the double arm amputee avatar? I didn't see those as an option.

Lola said...

Maybe I have a Math Grill
Laura, let me see your math grill!, let me see your (WHUT!)
If you don't know that song, this will not be funny in any way.