Monday, August 21, 2006

A Post of Substance

Just kidding. Let's be serious, this blog is completely substance-free. This blog is so substance-free it's straight edge.
Now, on to the nonsense...

1. Today I had to kill some time before my interview, so I stopped at the new Beaner's on Westnedge.
Laura's Tip For Life #1: Beware the establishment on it's first day of existance.
This place was like happy customer service on steroids.
First, I walk in and the owner is standing right there and he's like "HELLO! WELCOME TO BEANERS! THIS IS OUR GRAND OPENING!"
me: hi.
Then the girl rings me in and then I go down to pick up my drink and the drink guy is standing there, smiling this freaky smile and he's like "Hello and welcome to Beaners. Have you joined our e-rewards program?" He then proceeds to go through all the details of the e-rewards program with me.
Then, I go to sit down and the manager follows me back to my seat. He's like "Is the sun okay for you? I know it's really sunny there. I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I'll get some shades."
Me: Yeah, it's not so bad. Shades would work.

THEN The manager comes over and he's like "So! What did you get today?"
Me: A MochaChill
Him: "And how is that?"
We then proceed to have a 5 minute conversation about whether or not the MochaChill has enough espresso in it.

Just as I'm about to leave, the owner comes back over and we talk for another 3 minutes about the sun and shades vs. no shades.

It's like, I know they're trying to be really nice and customer servicey, but all those people smiling at me and striking up bizarre conversations made me feel like I was in a room full of serial killers.

2. Running the Crim on Saturday. Erin better step up her training or I'm going to leave her in the dust. That's right, Erin, I'm talking to you. I've got the need for speed. Get to running.

3. Anyone know a good tailor in Kalamazoo? My pants are too long. As a rule.

4. Rob took his test and got A+ certified today. He's a super-genius.

5. We got new phones. And text messaging. And text messaging with pictures. Dangerous. I'm obsessed. As I am with anything that allows me to waste my life away frivilously.

6. Today I borrowed Sar's car for a few hours and she had Tristan Prettyman playing on her CD player. You should check out her page, because she's very good.

No comments: