Sunday, August 06, 2006

Reason I Suspect I Am Actually No Fun

Tonight Rob and I went to see the new Will Ferrell movie (not going to lie to you.. it was kind of a disappointment...), and at the end, after their Nascar race, to celebrate, the winning team opens the bottle of champagne and sprays it everywhere.
What everyone else is thinking: Hooray! They won!
What I'm thinking: Ahhh! Stop that! Now everyone's going to be all disgusting and sticky! And then you're going to have to clean all that champagne off of everything!

I'm going to go ahead and blame this one on Gordita and The Min. I think that, had I not been raised to clean up all my own messes, I would be able to enjoy this type of thing. But now, all I can think about is what a pain in the ass it would be to clean up. Other things in movies that have this same affect on me:
1. Pies in the face (which, as a side note, are not funny anyways. Ever.)
2. Food fights
3. Scenes in movies like Cheaper By the Dozen and Yours, Mine and Ours where all the kids make a gigantic mess of the house.
4. Football movies where the players dump the Gatorade/water over the coach's head

And most of all...
Nothing septic-related is EVER FUNNY. DO NOT HAVE PEOPLE GET SEPTIC-IZED.

No comments: