Monday, January 29, 2007

I would just like to mention how completely unfair it is that I can't really write about most of the things that happen at work on here, because the people that come into my office are just begging to be written about on a blog.

Tomorrow could be a snowday.
There is a crapload of snow and supposedly 6-10 in. more tonight and in the wee hours o' the mornin'.

Heroes tonight.
Love the heroes.

This candle completes me. It smells so good that I try not to burn it too much because I'm going to be so sad when it's gone.

My chiropractor kicked my ass today and I'm pretty sure it's going to be some pretty bad pain tomorrow, just in time for my 4 mile run in single-digit temperatures.

I like The Decemberists though I could see how the guy's voice could get old after a while.

I'm applying to go to the Tin House Writer's Seminar in Oregon this summer. Unfortunately, it's the same week as Blissfest, which is depressing but here's the upside to the whole thing: I can only go to Tin House if I get the scholarship I'm applying for, because the whole affair is el expensivo. So. If I get it, I have to miss at least part of Blissfest but, holy crap, I got a full scholarship to Tin House. If I don't get it, depressing, but there's Blissfest instead. Win-win situation. Anyways, for a while I was having a tough time writing a letter that wasn't going to sound like everyone else's letter (Topic: "How will you use the workshop?"), but then I came up with something and I'm really happy with it now. It's fun and self-deprecating.

Just mere days after telling Rob about how Who's Who is a total scam, what do I get in my box at work? A letter from Who's Who.
Dear Laura,
We are thrilled to inform you that you are being considered for inclusion in the 2007-2008 Who's Who in Executive Women, Honors Edition

Clearly some thought is being put in these nominations, because I am nothing if not executive.
I put the letter in a frame and put it up on the corner of my desk for everyone to see, which is an improvement because that frame has been empty with the picture that came in it in there for the past 5 months (It's a lady holding a baby and I tell everyone the baby is mine.)

Speaking of which, the one picture that I do have in a frame on my desk is a picture of my parents and me at my wedding. One of the kids that I really like comes in and says "Woah, Miss W., that picture was taken a long time ago, wasn't it?" I say "Umm.. no. It was taken less than 3 years ago." He says "You look a lot younger in that picture."
Oh, great, so I look haggard now? Thanks for letting me know about that. I'm ancient. I am an ancient guidance office secretary. Life is awesome.

No comments: