Friday, January 05, 2007

So I did the sweetest thing ever this week, I set up a vacation fund- Every week, a small sum of money is taken directly out of our paychecks and put into a special savings account. This is the coolest thing of my life.
This should not be so cool for the following reasons-
(1) About everyone on earth does the same thing, I think
(2) It's my own money. It's not like I'm getting extra money in any way.

But it IS the coolest thing because I don't even see the money, so I never have to have any type of willpower and put it aside myself. And at the end of the year... FREE VACATION!!!
Actually, by the end of the year, there will be enough in there that we can either take one gigantic vacation or two decent-sized vacations.
So I spent all afternoon looking up possible destinations. So far in the running...
Hawaii
Somewhere in California
Toronto
Maine
Martha's Vineyard

I don't even have to decide yet, but when I do, BAM! the money's there.
Savings Account.. great invention, or greatest invention?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you Miss Laura??? I am having a hard time posting on your blog (maybe Pete the Poodle is sending some bad vibes, do you think?

Miss you lots, Lee
my blog: jerseyloveslee

Anonymous said...

here's my blog's official address:

http://jerseyloveslee.blogspot.com/

Can you believe I am graduating in May? I can't! Why don't you and Rob come and celebrate with us???????????