Saturday, January 20, 2007

THIS IS MY 500th Post!!!

I asked Rob if, for my 500th post, he would make it so my blog played music and confetti dropped down the screen. But he didn't. Please insert your own confetti.
Speaking of Rob, I feel it necessary to document our conversations here so that, should I ever go crazy on him, everyone will have seen it coming.
R: I have a stuffed up nose
L: I know
R:What do you mean you know? You're stalking me.
L:... no, Rob. You just sniffled.
R: Whatever. Stop...knowing things about me.

Bad, bad, Leroy Brown
Today we took Rob's car in to get the seat fixed and they called us back a little later and said that the seat was seriously busted and they couldn't fix it. They suggested that we go to an auto salvage place and get a new one, to which I said, where the heck is a junkyard around here. You know junkyards are around, but you never notice them until you need something. I, for one, have never been to a junkyard. Luckily, in this day and age, we have the handy dandy Yellow Pages. I couldn't come up with a better word than 'junkyard', so I typed that in and voila! a bunch of places popped up.
So we go there.
Think a minute about every stereotype you have about junkyards and the people who work there. Okay, that's where we went today. We walk in there's (1) quiet creepy guy who stares at us and says nothing (2) Old renegade guy wearing a motorcycle skull and crossbones shirt, missing a few teeth, smoking like it's his job. There was even a freaking junkyard dog. All over the walls, there are pictures of Harley's with skulls super-imposed over them.
Rob is like "This is your next story. This is a story waiting to happen."
Except that I couldn't write a story about it because everyone would say, that's a really stereotypical description of a junkyard and I would end up being one of those people who says "but it's all true!"
We got the seat ($30!) and then we take it out to my car and I say to Rob
"I don't want your seat in my car"
We put down newspapers.
Rob refuses to sit on it until we buy a seat cover.
Please, though. The damn car only cost $4,000 to begin with, we're not going to spend $500 on parts and labor for a brand new seat.
Probably Rob will get scabies, but that's the price you pay, plus, they're totally treatable and we have insurance to cover the cost of prescriptions, but not so much to cover the cost of new car seats.

Territory

So at the beginning of January I gave up my carport because it was $40/month and there was no snow, hence no need for a carport. Then, of course, it started snowing. But I decided that it wasn't worth $40 and I would just have to get up a few minutes earlier to clear off my car (ha!). But now, I'm like the jealous ex-girlfriend. I think that carport belongs to me. Every time I pull in, I look to see if someone else has rented the carport. Sometimes, I look out my window to see if someone has parked there.
Needless to say, I have problems letting go.
So far, no one has been parked there, but I'm a little worried to see what will happen if someone eventually does.

Something about Friday nights makes me want to sleep, sleep, sleep. But, I made myself get up and go out tonight, mostly because it was Heather's birthday and you don't just cop out on a person's birthday, and I ended up having a really good time. Plus, there was cake.

Currently feeling: exhausted
Currently reading: Empire Falls by Richard Russo (before I see the movie, even!)
Currently looking forward to: sleeping in on Saturday, Sunday and Monday
Netflix movies for the weekend: Quincenera and The Last Kiss
Miles run so far this week: 6
Miles left to run: 3

1 comment:

Margaret Lee said...

Miss Laura

Please check out Jersey's new pic on my blog! XO Miss Lee